Carburetor Teardown

Posted by on March 8, 2011

The gasket kit I had ordered for my carburetor arrived in the mail today.  I spent an hour or two removing the carb from the engine and dismantling it to discover that the gaskets I ordered don’t fit my carburetor!  (The kit was for a 32/36 DGAV carburetor and I have a 32/36 DFAV carburetor.)  It looks like I’m just going to have to buy a complete rebuild kit for it.  The pictures below show the process of removing and dismantling the carburetor.  There are also pictures that show why they call it a “progressive” carburetor.


IMG_2781.JPGIMG_2782.JPGIMG_2784.JPGIMG_2788.JPGIMG_2789.JPGIMG_2792.JPGIMG_2794.JPGIMG_2795.JPGIMG_2796.JPGIMG_2806.JPGIMG_2807.JPGIMG_2808.JPGIMG_2809.JPGIMG_2810.JPGIMG_2811.JPGIMG_2812.JPGIMG_2813.JPGIMG_2814.JPGIMG_2816.JPGIMG_2817.JPGIMG_2818.JPGIMG_2819.jpg

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*